HR Leader Spotlight

Please tell our members who you are?

I am a mother of two beautiful girls, an extrovert and genuinely fascinated by people. The people profession is a natural fit for me as I love helping organisations to unlock the beauty, power and potential in their people.

While I enjoy giving value across the full employee life cycle, diversity and inclusion are my passion. I believe that when you create open and safe environments where everyone can be themselves, that is where the magic happens and organisations truly win.

What lessons would you say 2020 taught you?

The beauty and goodness of humanity is often hidden behind ignorance, comfort and ‘other stuff’. Whether it was leaders showing compassion for their people through COVID or white people and non black people of colour marching to further a cause for Black people, I learnt that people do care.

We are now in the first quarter of 2021, what do you hope for this year?

More love and compassion for each other.

What are you most proud of in your career to date?

The fact that I have helped many people in their careers

What advice would you give to a young professional starting a career in HR?

Be clear about who you are and what your principles and values are. Then show up in a manner that honours those principles and values – always.

What is your wisdom to go to quote?

‘And this too shall pass’ Maya Angelou

What activities do you do to relax in your free?

What free time? Lol. I love music, singing, dancing, and playing music, everything about music.

How can our members connect with you?

Through Mahogany Inclusion Partners or LinkedIn

Comments
Comments are closed.