How To Undo Depression with Soul Therapy

On several occasions, I’ve been down that hole of depression and on every occasion I let myself out the same way. Not because I’m “strong” at the core of my being, but because I know that I alone have the power to decide how I feel at every given moment. I can alter my moods at will to be in a productive state that secures my happiness and survival.

The following are ways I beat depression. You will find it helpful anytime that vile spirit creeps in on you. Bear in mind that these steps will yield results only when carried out with intentionality and a positive mindset.

Accept The Situation

You’re depressed. Yes. You didn’t see it coming and suddenly you’re down and listless and feeling alone in the world.

Yes, it’s a fact: your disappointments, inadequacies, failures, rejections, fears and seeming worthlessness all thrust you into that deep well.

It is depression. Yes. You hear voices, see images about you, you seem haunted by phantoms and demons of the mind. Yes, and it is just a “moment” in time that you must deal with before it becomes a trip of a lifetime.

Okay, you’re sick, so what next?

Reconnect to Self

Depression melts the personality, it crumbles what makes people whole. Depressed people, feeling their emptiness, welcome the thought to “end it all” or to give up all hope in life and become the opposite of what they could have been if taking their lives is not a welcomed idea.

Reconnecting to Self entail picking up the pieces of your life and glueing yourself back up. It is rising to wear yourself back just like you put on your clothes. Pull off depression and wear the you that you are.

Reconnecting with your soul is reconnecting to the person you were with all the positive ideas, thoughts and goals that define you. So, what about you reconnect to the last joyful moment? What about you hold on to your aspiration and let it lift you out of gloom because gloom is not the picture of that aspiration? It starts with remembering home, and home is you.

Become whole again. Become complete. Sweep the house of your being. Discard all those negative thoughts, images and words that laid the red carpet for depression to stroll in. Remember, you’re doing this with a strong will, a strong mindset. You’re healing yourself, casting off the vile presence of depression off your space.

Remind yourself who you are. It is time to take off where you left it all. No time to cower, no time to quit. You’re not a victim, but a victor! Reassemble you!

Embrace Moments of Solitude

Depressed people end up isolating themselves. Even if they are in the company of people, they are alone. The solitude that s being referred to here is a “productive aloneness”, one embarked on upon the resolution and intention to find healing for depression within Self. If possible, go somewhere quiet – a beach, a recreational park, hilltop, or take frequent walks through a forest. And when you’re at any of these places, do nothing, say nothing. Just be quiet. Solitude helps you connect with the Peace flowing through all of life.

In your moments of solitude (have them often), remind yourself that this Life is a gift, that it is a privilege to be a human being through whom the Divine Spirit of Life experiences Itself and manifests substances.

Follow the Spirit of Life as it moves you along. It never misleads. You’re not resigning to fate, you’re been calm with the process.

Re-embrace Life

You’d see that, as you clean the house of your being and allow the forces of nature to energise you during moments of solitude, Life will come alive once again. A new resolve to live and to truly be alive in this Creation will be born in you. It will be like a light reignited. Re-piece the dreams that were shattered. Re-paint your soul with the colours of hope and faith. Re-state your commitment to self-actualization. If you love company, social hangouts, then avail yourself of them. Decide to enjoy life and truly mean it. Decide to fill every moment with life, with positivity, with meaning. All these are the workings of an intentional mind.

Stir Yourself

I may use the phrase “motivate yourself” into creative and productive activities. Listen to soul-stirring songs. Take on some routine exercises. Read books. Watch motivational and teaching videos (YouTube has many of them) – just Stir Yourself! Become invigorated – full of life! Only you have the power to do that.

Remember, if you’re not intentional about this inside job, everything you just read will just pass by like one of those sermons.

Depression has never won me and never will. I am conscious of who I am in this Creation and understand the power of mind available unto me.

We are in this together. Let’s win always.

https://thesophians.com/author/victor/

Comments
Comments are closed.